Saturday, July 9, 2011

Parker Dylan

Parker Dylan was born April 22nd, 2011 at 3:18 pm. He wasn't due until May 1st, but decided to come a little early. The night before he was born, I started having contractions about 2 am. They were about 15 minutes apart. So I slept off and on until about 6 when I just gave up. I had an doctor's appt that morning at 10:15 anyway, so Rick went to work but knew he was coming home soon. And I let Ashley know because she was going to come hang out with Madison. At the doctor's appt I was about 10 min apart and 4 cm dilated, so Dr Wright told me to go home and when I was 7 min apart to come to the hospital. I called Ashley and Rick and we decided it was time to meet up at home.
We all had a little lunch and about 12:20, I decided it was time to go to the hospital. We got there and got checked in. I was at about 5 cm then. The doctor on call, Dr Maggie Smith, asked if I was ready for my epidural first or if I wanted her to break my water. I opted for the drugs. Which was a good thing because by the time I got them, I was fully dilated and ready to push. So after about 2 pushes, Parker was here! He was 6 lbs, 11 oz and 18" long. He had dark hair, but not as much as his sister. And he looks just like Rick :)
By this time my parents, sister and Madison were in the waiting room. So they came in and to meet him. Madison was great with Parker and very excited to meet him.








1 comment:

ahund said...

Finally P made his appearance on the blog! :)