I've been trying to get up the nerve to get rid of the binkie for 2 years. But Maddie got good at just using it when she slept, so I didn't push it. But after Disney I decided I was done. So ever since we got back we have been slowly cutting it off. She got to the point that she wasn't really using it, but she always asked for it before bedtime. So last Friday I told her that the binkie fairy was coming that night to take her binkies and she would leave a present.
Saturday morning she didn't really remember, so I pointed out the new doll and she was so excited. As soon as she saw it she said she had put on her dress too. So we got her all made up look like the new doll. Then she decided that the dolls name was Princess Marie. She has slept with her ever since. She has asked about the binkie a couple of times and I just reminder her that the binkie fairy took them. And she has slept great ever since. Thank goodness that went well!
Here are pics of her with Princess Marie.
2 comments:
We're so proud of you Madison!! That Binkie Fairy is pretty cool. :)
Way to go mom! It's so great having pictures without binkies in them!
Post a Comment