Monday, April 20, 2009

Easter weekend

Last weekend for Easter weekend Madison, Sadie and I made the long trip to Wichita by ourselves. We left Thursday night and other than a 30 minute detour due to wildfires, we did pretty good. I turned the DVD player off at 8:30 pm and Madison finally fell asleep about 9:30. And we got there 15 minutes later. Figures.
Friday we bought a baby gift for Carrie's baby shower that was on Saturday. Then made a trip to Grandpa's office and lunch with Grandpa.
Saturday morning we went to the country club for the Easter Party. First food, then a petting zoo and then Easter eggs. We saw the truck with the petting zoo and told Madison they were going to unload the animals, but then the moved the truck. So she kept asking where the animals were. We were the first ones down for the petting zoo. Madison loved the rabbits and the baby cow. Then when it was time for Easter eggs, Madison was not interesting in waiting for them to say go. She kept inching toward the eggs. Once they said go, she was off running and she got a ton of eggs. When we made it to the top of the hill, she wanted more so she headed back down to look for more.
Mom and I headed to Carrie's baby shower while Maddie and Grandpa napped. It was great to see Carrie pregnant, her family, Becky and her mom. Oh and the pistachio gelato was awesome too!
Sunday morning we packed up and headed back home. Maddie did really good on the ride home, and even slept for about an hour! (she never sleeps in the car). I was exhausted when we got home and let Rick spend some quality time with Madison while I took a nap.
It was a great Easter weekend!
(Oh Rick headed to KC for opening day to see the signage he designed out at Royals stadium. I can't wait to see it in person!)
Madison looking for the animals.



On the hunt for more eggs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That first one of her looking out the window is adorable!! I hope it is in a frame. Alison